Sunday, December 9, 2012

Paul Gauguin/ The Art Institute of Chicago

I just got back from an "epic" road trip that lasted 2 weeks (physical time, and probably a bit longer "impression" time). I briefly got to see a few major cities on East Coast and was also lucky to spend about 3 days in great Chicago.  The city itself seemed a big art gallery to me: with its beautiful Art Deco buildings, wide Chicago canal, above the ground trains, and the famous mirror Bean. Despite the cold and unfriendly weather I still had a great time walking downtown streets and making frequent trips to cosy cafes and shops to warm up my unprepared for such climate self.
I really wanted to see The Art Institute of Chicago but was only able to do a 1 hour visit just before closing time which was still a lot of fun.
I love Paul Gauguin and each time I look at his painting I have a deep fascination with his ability to use colour. There are a few paintings by Gauguin that you can find in the museum, here they are:




No comments:

Post a Comment